Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The term 'thepodge.co.uk' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- This website may contain user-generated content. We have no control over such content and do not accept responsibility for any of the user-generated content.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- By using this website, you confirm you are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years of age you must cease using this website immediately.
Hosting Our Games
Many of our games are freely availabe for you to host on your own website, portal or blog. Games that are indended for exclusive use on thepodge.co.uk are URL Locked and will display a message when hosted elsewhere. You must not make changes to the game or otherwise circumvent the URL Locking mechanism.
Furthermore, by hosting our games, you agree to not make changes to the game binary in any way and for any purpose. You must also ensure all outbound links within the game are fully functional, including advertising links and that all advertising remains visible as intended.
Creating apps out of our games is strictly prohibited. This includes apps for other formats, Adobe Air apps, any form of downloadable app and social media apps, including Facebook, Bebo and mySpace, available for free or otherwise. The only exception is portal apps on social media sites which host many games, act like ordinary web portals (eg. Gamebods.com) and acknowledge us as the copyright holder of the game.
In some circumstances, the terms for hosting games can be waived in exchange for a licensing fee which must be agreed upon by both parties.
Podge World Membership
Podge World is our new Members area. Having registered users allows us to offer value-added content, such as site customisation, access to pre-release demos, competitions, friend battles, and much more.
To register as a Podge World Member, you must provide a valid email address and choose a username. You must be 13 years old or over, as the members area contains user generated content which we can not be held responsible for.
You agree not to abuse the system and not to abuse other members. If you are caught doing either, then we reserve the right to ban you at our descretion.
We only store minimal information that we require for you to be able to use and access Podge World. We can provide you with all the information we have on the system in relation to your account, we reserve the right to charge an administraion fee for doing so and you also have the right to have the information corrected or deleted. We reserve the right to keep some information on file if we ban you from Podge World, so we can recognise future attempts to re-register.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.